- Virtua Research Inc. considers the privacy of our clients, our priority.
We promote ethical business practices and deeply respect the
confidentiality of clients and individuals we work with.
shared along with other secured information obtained and retained by
Virtua. This policy states how we access and update information of
received by Virtua from its customers in electronic, paper or verbal
- Virtua participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US
Privacy Shield and the Swiss- US Privacy Shield Framework. We are
committed to subjecting all personal information received from the
European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland respectively,
in trust with the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s
applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield
Frameworks, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield
List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Virtua commits to
resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal
information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints
regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Virtua at
You can also reach us on (617)426.0900 (USA).
- Virtua has further committed to cooperate with the panel established
by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal
Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to
unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from
the EU and Switzerland.
- Individuals, under certain conditions, if not satisfied with the above
mechanism, may possibly be able to invoke binding arbitration.
- Virtua is under the jurisdiction as well as the investigatory and
enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission for
purposes of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US
Privacy Shield Framework.
- We collect and store only the data required to provide the highest
quality of products and services to our clients. We do not disclose any
identifying personal information of the individuals we work with to any
third party except as specifically requested by clients providing the
data or in response to lawful requests made by public authorities
including the requirements needed to meet national security or law
enforcement. Even when providing data back to a client organization, a
majority of information is provided in aggregate or as analysis with
additional measures in place to protect the anonymity of the client.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and
email@example.com if you
have any questions or
requests regarding your privacy. You can also reach us on
- Data Integrity and Security are our priority and Virtua takes all
appropriate precautions to ensure accuracy and to protect personal
information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Virtua has self-certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles
of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and
enforcement. Virtua collects information of the client’s employees on
behalf of our clients. We are upfront about the purpose and use of
information we collect when we collect it and will not materially change
the purpose or use of this information.
- In compliance with the Privacy Shield framework, individuals have the right to access personal
information about them and be able to correct, amend or delete that information in cases of
inaccuracy or violation of the principles of the framework. This is held true with the exception of
where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks involved in
the individual’s privacy or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
We provide best-in-class customer service and we expect that any client concerns about privacy can
be addressed promptly and to our clients’ satisfaction. If you have questions or concerns about
Virtua’s policies or the company’s compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework, please contact us
at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
You can also contact us via phone at (617)426.0900 (USA). We commit to resolve complaints
about our collection and use of personal information.
- Detailed Privacy Statement:
- 1. Information Collection and Use
- We may collect and process the following kinds of personal
received from you:
- Contact Information such as Name, official Email address and IP
address(In case any services are offered).
- We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We use the personal information you have provided when we
contact you in relation to enquiries or comments received from you
(the client) along with other official and professional
correspondences(Only for customer relationship).
- If necessary, we can use your personal information in order to
comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of
protection of our legal rights. E.g. information in connection with
legal claims, compliance and data/ information used for regulatory
and investigative purposes.
- If the processing of any personal information is based on consent,
can withdraw your consent for the processing of that data at any time.
Consent can be withdrawn by emailing us on
can also contact us via
phone at (617)426.0900 (USA).
- 2. Information Sharing
- Customer information of any nature will not be shared with any third
- 3. Accountability for Onward Transfer
- As a global organization with affiliated entities located inside and
of the EU or EEA and business processes in operation across borders,
we may transfer your Personal Information to our headquarters in the
United States of America, to affiliate entities in India located inside or
outside of the EU/EEA, for purposes described in the section “Information
Collection and Use”
- We will perform any cross-borders transfer in compliance with
privacy and data protection regulations, including European Union’s
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We rely on multiple legal
bases to lawfully transfer personal data around the world. These include
your consent, the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, and EU
Commission approved model contractual clauses. We will not transfer
Personal Information originating in the EU or Switzerland to third parties
unless such third parties have entered into an agreement in writing with
us requiring them to provide at least the same level of privacy protection
to your Personal Information as required by the Principles of the EU-US
Privacy Shield Framework or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
We will only transfer data to our affiliate, agents, resellers or third part
service providers (such as accountants, attorneys, consultants, and other
service providers) who need the information in order to provide services
to or perform activities on behalf of Virtua including in connection with the
delivery of services or products, Virtua’s management, administration, or
legal responsibilities. We acknowledge our liability for such data transfers
to third parties
- 4. User Access and Choice
- Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we
hold any of your personal information.
- You are entitled to ask us for a copy of your personal information to
correct, erase or restrict the processing of data in question or to ask us
to transfer (parts of) this data to other organizations.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing activities
the profiling that we may perform for the purpose of direct marketing as
- In relevance with instances where we have asked for your consent to
process your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent by
sending an email or contacting us via phone.
- These rights can be limited in cases where we can demonstrate that we
have a legal requirement or legitimate ground to process your data.
Under such circumstances we are able to retain your data even if you
withdraw your consent.
- 5. Retention
- We may retain your information as long as your account is active or
required by Virtua to provide you with services, comply with legal
obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our company agreements.
- E.g. If you are a customer of our Company, the Company will keep your
personal information for the duration of the contractual relationship that
you or your company has with us and after the end of that relationship,
for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out in the
agreement or to comply with legal obligations.
- The personal data that we collect as a result of you subscribing to
newsletter or press releases, will be stored until you decide to withdraw
- 6. Email Communications
- Receiving emails from our Company and or website is part of our
service. You may receive an email from us if you submit a form on the
“Contact” page or if you send us an email on our email ID mentioned on
our website or if you have submitted your business card to Virtua during
any conferences. You may receive unsolicited email as part of our
- If you would like to discontinue receiving this information or any
communication you may contact us via email or phone for termination of
- 7. Security
- Virtua Research Inc. takes appropriate physical, technical and
organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss,
misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- We follow highly effective and industry-accepted standards to protect
the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and
once we receive it.
- No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic
storage, is 100% secure. However, we follow all the necessary
encryption standards to protect and secure your data.
- 8. Changes to this policy
information storage and processing practices.
- If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a
notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective.
- We encourage you to periodically review this page for following the
latest changes made in our privacy practices.
- 9. Contact Us
- Virtua Research Inc.,
160 State Street, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109